Wednesday, December 1, 2010

How To Keep New Shoes From Creasing

Io mi chiamo Andrea, ho 55 anni, e sono un pastore sardo

From the site: http://www.italia.attac.org


"My name is Andrea, am 55 years old and a Sardinian shepherd. Breeder sheep and goats for 'accuracy. I live with my family to Mara, a beautiful wife and three children, a more vibrant and wretched of the other. I have a flock of 85 sheep, and every morning I wake up at five to feed and accommodate the fold. In the evening return later, in questo periodo, d’inverno, la luce ci abbandona prima e devo fare tutto di fretta, ma prima delle sette e mezza non metto piede in soggiorno. Il mio lavoro, comunque non mi abbandona mai, che sia domenica o che sia Natale o Capodanno, le bestie devono mangiare. Francamente la cosa non mi dispiace, rispetto i miei animali, mi permettono di sopravvivere e in qualche modo di tirare avanti. Spesso mi porto i miei figli, anche se il lavoro che faccio, a loro, poco interessa. Studiano tutti e il più grande fa medicina veterinaria a Roma, non lo vedo che saranno passati ormai tre mesi. Il medio è appena ventenne, dice che vuol fare il filosofo, spero si guadagni bene a fare il filosofo, per ora so solo che quando non legge o studia certi manuali, brick paper, I find watching TV to playing playstation.

I love my family. I see them very little, everyone, including his wife. My wife adores me, despite everything. Although sometimes I smell so unbearable. Although there is no why, despite often being forced to raise their voices do not understand why neither she nor my children. Although I do not notice when you cut your hair to look more charming than it already is. Although I do not appreciate the clothes that you buy to look more elegant than it already is. Ah! How do I know about clothes? hair? I know just as soon as the wool toso to my beasts.

I love my family and I hate the idea that it can not live in the dignity of a normal family. Work twelve hours a day, 365 days a year so that my wife should not be ashamed to leave the house because it has a dress she likes and that my children can study and live their time and their leisure in total serenity.

What I have in less than a bank clerk, a bank manager? The bank manager may produce drinking milk and cheese to eat? the bank manager makes debt and yet the community appreciates it more than me appreciate that I worry about sfamarla.Il milk market became impossible, 25 years ago, a liter of milk him to pay 1,320 lire. Today they give us just 55/60 cents, the equivalent di 1.100 lire. In 25 anni quanto è aumentato il costo della vita? si è almeno triplicato, e il valore che danno al nostro lavoro è diventato un quarto, è qualcosa di raccapricciante. E poi ci chiedono di collaborare, di avere fiducia nel futuro. Ma quale futuro? Quello che non riusciamo a dare neppure a chi abbiamo concepito? Già, perchè se continua così io sarò costretto a far rientrare mio figlio da Roma, sarò costretto a interrompere i suoi studi.

Lavoro dodici ore al giorno, 365 giorni all’anno e se non accetto quel prezzo imposto dai grandi acquirenti (quelli che poi, magari vanno in Romania a trasformare, a quattro soldi di salari, e ci ricaricano il 500%) e dalla fantasmagorica Unione Europea, posso anche morire di fame. Ma la vita di un uomo si misura in qualcosa di più di un pezzo di pane.

Io mi chiamo Andrea, ho 55 anni, quattro bocche da sfamare, 85 pecore da pascolare, e nonostante tutto mi sono svegliato alle 4 per venire ad un sit in davanti alla Regione Sardegna. Non disprezzo chi mi governa, voglio solo che rispettino la costituzione e i diritti al lavoro e ad una vita dignitosa. Chiedo solo quello e lo faccio pacificamente. A gran voce, ma pacificamente. Ogni tanto sento i miei figli che mi dicono di stare attento. Chiedo a Luca, il più piccolo, com’è andata al liceo. Poi sento Dario, gli dico di guardare le news e di lasciar perdere i videogiochi, ma so che non lo farà. Luigi non lo sento, è in the lab all day, I'll call him tonight. But tonight has already arrived. On the right side of the parade someone who does not know, someone I do not recognize, has launched a bottle against a window. Who is it? I keep asking impatiently, who is?

But I do not have time to respond. Prey to stress, nervous fatigue, even attack my friends and colleagues. Bottles, one, two, three, until you hear the boots of policemen marching toward us. And then a shot, another, are tear. Someone at head height. I look around, see who is with us to understand how this ends. No politician. We are doomed. There is not even the IRS, or at least none of its prominent men, some gaunt presence of Sardinia Natzione. The march becomes thicker and batons are raised.

My name is Andrea, am 55 years old, a Sardinian shepherd. I have a wife and three children to feed, graze 85 sheep, working twelve hours a day, 365 days a year and I have a broken arm. I hear the sirens of the police officers who arrested 14 other fathers. I hear the sirens of the ambulance that is taking me on. As I loaded in a litter, I also feel a guy in uniform laugh and say he hit them where they would, that he had no problems places, who had also walked a woman with taste tripped while running away.

I look at him without hate. I smile thinking that has l’età di mio figlio, l’età di Dario. Dovresti essere a giocare alla playstation, penso. Ma forse, in fondo, tu credi che sia la stessa cosa."

(ATTENZIONE: questo è un racconto fantastico. Raccoglie le testimonianze di una notte passata a parlare con i pastori del sit in davanti alla Regione Sardegna, in un unico personaggio immaginario. I fatti di cronaca sono veri, il contorno seppur verosimile, è frutto di fantasia)

http://gaetanolucafilice.blogspot.com/




0 comments:

Post a Comment